Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Crafts: R2-D2 Tree Skirt

A Very Fandom Christmas: R2D2 tree skirt

Make your own with this tutorial from Team Fighting Mongoose!
"For about $8.00, this epic tree skirt was born.  I purchased a yard of 72″ grey felt and another of blue (the ribbon and other accents I had in my arsenal), although my lack of measurements found that a yard was not quite wide enough for the skirt to be one piece, I was able to pattern it into three pieces with the same end result.  In hindsight, I probably would not have needed the full amount of blue felt, but again, I had no pattern, plan, or measurements in mind when shopping; only a vision and a wealth of Google R2D2 image results to service as a rough guideline.

After a few hours of trial and error, the finished result turned out amazing.  I am notorious for over-estimating my crafting abilities and not being able to realize fully my designs, but this is a project that I am extremely proud of.  I’m just sad that the tree can’t be up all year round."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...