Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Crafts: Raccoon Mario Throw

Stay Warm with this Hand-Knit Mario Quilt

Source: Imgur via Reddit
"I started this guy in August 2013, approximately 5 years after I saw someone else make a similar blanket and swore I'd make myself one. Finally finished in November 2013. :D It took about 24 balls of yarn, over 100 hours, a lot of my sleep, and a lot of goddamned television. But it is done! And I'm never making one ever again. Holy crap."


"I made a spreadsheet to keep track of all the squares that I needed to make and where they needed to be placed. This baby's made up of 380 squares. THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY. The first ten or so squares took about 25 minutes to make because I didn't know what I was doing. Eventually I got better and it took under ten minutes for each square, but a lot of television. (I basically finished all five seasons of Drop Dead Dive in a month. Eek.)"
"Here's an idea of how large it is.. compared to my queen size bed. I think he's about 8.75ft by 7.5ft (or 2.67m by 2.28m)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...